Friday, August 7, 2009

TIME article on unclaimed bodies

I caught a blurb on our local news the other day about how the number of unclaimed dead had gone up at the local coroners office.This article in Time says it is happening everywhere.http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1914780,00.html?xid=feed-yahoo-full-nation-related Family's just can't afford to bury their dead.It's very sad but I can understand completely.I know we are supposed to plan ahead and save for this inevitable day but you have to wonder a bit these days how do we do it all?We are supposed to save for your retirement,pay for your own medical,pre-pay for your funeral,save for the kids education,save some more for your retirement and medical costs as you get older because it's not enough.So what are you supposed to live on now?

2 comments:

Cheryl Palmer said...

Isn't that the truth! I finally looked up to see where Alta was, I had heard of it but couldn't place it. How far are you from Auburn, abt. 30 mi?

dustbunny8 said...

Hi Cheryl,actually the "Alta" refers the Spanish name for "upper California" as opposed to "Baja".
Upper California included all of present day California,Utah,Nevada and Arizona north of the Gila river so I'm covered.LOL!A nod to my early Californiano roots.
I'm in the Sacramento area,there are a bunch of us here in Nor-Cal,going to have to do a GYR convention-in a cemetery of course!