Sunday, October 4, 2009

Society for The Unendowed

I was recently contacted by a Seana Miracle.She asked me to forward information about this organization and website on to anyone I thought might be interested http://www.societyfortheunendowed.com.After looking at it I am very pleased to offer it for your pleasure.If you have any interest it grave decoration,preservation of cemetery's , and the rich cultural history of the Indigenous and Hispanic peoples of the American southwest I think you will enjoy the photos and information therein. I hope Seana becomes a Graveyard Rabbit as I feel this site belongs with the Rabbits.It is my personal belief,and I know it has been expressed by others,that some of the decline in respect for and involvement by the community in our cemetery's is linked to the "cookie cutter" commercialization of the modern American cemetery. In cemetery's were people are encouraged to honor the lives of their loved one's in personal ways, not just "mark" their deaths, people respect,care and remain involved in their cemetery's.Please make sure you check out the story of Horace MCafee in the East section of the website,Chilili, San Juan Nepomoceno Cemetery NM. it is good reading for anyone who cares about our cemetery's.

2 comments:

Joe Dallmann said...

Great site...you know. I had to redo my HTML not to long ago and just realized I forgot to add your site back in. How could I forget my first blog friend? Thanks for continuing to read. I have since added you back to my blog list...sorry about that...take care...

white o'morn cottage said...

So good to hear from you. I just happen to love graveyards. I can spend hours strolling around and find them very peaceful places. When my children were young we used to drive to the country and find a nice one and have a picnic there. Great memories. Thanks for reminding me of them. Best wishes....Pam